Sitting on a dock on the Bay... Phoenix Commons is on the San Francisco Bay Trail! and one of our East Bay Cohousing Supporting Communities!
This Sunday afternoon, you are invited to join founding members of Oakland's first new-build cohousing neighborhood for a show and tell. They want to show off their community, meet others who live or are looking into cohousing, share stories, and, maybe, meet a few good future members. Phoenix Commons has over 20 member households, but a few units are still available for sale or rent.
Come and explore:
• Life at Phoenix Commons Cohousing - how our sense of community and self-governance has evolved after almost 2 years together.
• Who we are, why we chose intentional community and senior cohousing in particular for this stage of our life.
• What we've learned about living interdependently ...so far,
• What's happening in Oakland's Jingletown neighborhood? and the resources of nearby Fruitvale and Alameda.
• How we use our commons spaces; tour of the common house and typical homes
• Opportunities with our new visitor/rental program - "try before you buy" or lease-to-own options.
• Refreshments and light nibbles provided!
The event is free and open to all ages, but please do RSVP here so Angela, Kate, and the other community members can plan to welcome you!
For more background: