Your home in community?
Several different types of units are available in one of California's greenest communities, in the Sierra Foothills -- Gold Country.
Cohousing Tour & Open House for units for sale
possible train+bus field trip from SF Bay Area? Tell us if you're interested!
August 28, 2:00 pm - 4 pm
Join Nevada City Cohousing for an informational talk about cohousing life in Nevada City and a tour of homes for sale. See a common house. Tour the grounds. You will also see several of the environmentally sustainable features that acclaimed architect Charles Durrett has designed.
We have these unit types available:
3 bds/2 ba plus office & 2bds/2 ba plus office townhouses and 2 bds/1 ba, downstairs flats
The Cohousing Community
4,000 square foot Common House includes:
- 2 guest rooms available for your visitors
- Commercial grade kitchen for common meals
- Common meals available up to 6x/week
- Dining hall & sitting room w/fireplace
- Kids playroom
- Music room
- Room for teens to hang out
- Laundry facilities for members to use
- pool table
Other community features:
- Terrace w/BBQ for outside eating & activities
- Swimming pool w/solar hot water
- Hot tub
- Community garden areas
- Chicken club for those interested in fresh eggs
- 6 acres of open space & trail to historic Nevada City
- Units are very energy efficient, including Solar Electric Systems that offset most of our electricity usage.
- 34 homes total: 50% homes w/children, total 60 adults & 26 children